Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dragon Age 2 Announced!


OMG… Wait… What… Oh… meh…



SO the sequel to one of my favorite games of all time, Dragon age, has finally been announced. The aptly titled Dragon Age 2, however I find myself highly disappointed. The thing that made Dragon Age so special was the fact that the game was so close to being a traditional RPG, with character customization, a choice system as to how you interact with things, and ultimately an amazing story. I loved dragon age for all these reasons, and that’s why it disappoints me to hear that Dragon Age 2 sounds ALOT like the game Fable. Well you play as a pregenerated character named Hawke, this immediately turns me off, whether Dragon Age is going to take the route of Mass Effect, and have Hawke be the name for whatever type of character you create is a tossup, as it hasn’t been stated yet. Secondly they are talking about a much more Actiony type of game play, which I am not sure how I feel about, but it worries me. Also in a bullet point ripped straight from Peter Molyneux’s check list, The story is going to be set over the course often years, I’m personally okay with this two, but portraying a story in this method can rob the tale of urgency, and a sense of flow, since with every time skip you have to adjust to every new status quo. I really hope this game doesn’t disappoint me, but much still remains, to be seen. I’m ready however for whatever Bioware gives me; they have never let me down.

Notes
  • I do like fable, but I don’t want it part of my dragon age
  • I do like action games, but I don’t want it part of my dragon age
  • Coincidentally I just last night caved and bought DA: Awakening, along side of the new DLC Leilana’s song
  • Oh also, note that the pictures they are showing of the Hawke character appears to have claws, although it might just be a part of his gauntlet. My money is on, he is morrigan and the warden’s child from the first game, and he has dragon like features since, the arch demon is his soul. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment