Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Uh… the relevance of Game Reviews, some other stuff, blog news.



So yea, I haven’t had an update in a few days, and that’s because I’m working on a lot of new stuff for the blog all the time, but sometimes I get blocked or distracted with another article. (Or you know I just start playing Transformers: War for Cybertron) Well anyway I’m here to talk about some stuff in a more unofficial kind of manner, since I’m probably not going to write a full article for them.

The EEDAR has released a study that shows that positive reviews do have an effect on peoples judgment of a game and assessment of worth, while negative reviews can effect whether someone will spend money on them, although not hinder the enjoyment of said game. This has to be one of the most no shit studies I have ever heard of. Yea If someone I trust tells me something is good or bad I will believe them, also if the issues with a game or medium is exposed to me I’m more likely to notice them, but will my over all enjoyment of the product be shifted? Does everyone like lima beans? No! Yea it’s great that we have that on paper now thanks EEDAR, thanks a lot. I just don’t think this is so news worthy, and I think a lot of people in the gaming press are just getting big heads that their jobs can actually influence people; this is not news people it’s really not.
Hulu Plus can be used without Playstation plus, whereas with the Xbox, an Xbox Live gold membership is required. Yey, I guess? I’m not getting Hulu plus though, Netflix is a better offering, Hulu I only use to catch up on shows I missed from the past week, and honestly I don’t watch a lot of television. I don’t need Hulu plus since the standard Hulu service is really all I need for now. As for you needing Gold this isn’t so much of a surprise, but then again, anyone who would use Hulu plus on their Xbox already has gold, and this is a non issue, I’m paying for gold, so I’m going to use it on my Xbox, plus I’ve noticed that Xbox seems faster with downloads than Playstation. So this is a non issue for me, a win for people who don’t want to buy Playstation plus, and a non sequitur for the hard core fans of Playstation who bought PSN+ day one.
I will try to get more updates out in the upcoming days; I’m working on stuff all the time, and will get back to you, till then TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment